BootsnAll Travel Network



Mount Huangshan

Of all the prominent mountains in China, Mt. Huangshan (Yellow Mtn), found in the south of Anhui province, is probably the most famous.

Huangshan1

Huangshan consists of 80+ peaks, with a few over 1600 meters! It’s famed for its stunning sunrise and “sea of clouds”, so an overnight on the mountain is a must. There are loads of hotels at the top, so lodging shouldn’t be a problem. You can also camp out if you wanted to. I booked a hostel bed w/ no shower for 50RMB ($7)

dscf6168-3x5.jpg

It takes about 6.5 hrs to make it up to the top of the mountain. My friend and I were pretty determined to catch the sunset from up top, and with our late start in the day, we needed to hustle! Mind you, just like most mountains in China, if not all, you have to trek up steep concrete stairs! I can’t stand concrete steps on a mountain. I find it annoying. Just saying. Though, i have to say the vast view of the scenery while trekking up makes up for it!

What i do find amazing is the construction of these steps. With Huangshan, being one of their largest mtn ranges, (check out the pic below) these concrete staircases/walkways are built attached to the cliff-sides. crazy! Anyway, we made it to the top in record time! We did it in 5 hrs! Yes, 5! My legs were just about ready to fall off! (oh the crazy things i do for a sunset/sunrise).

huangshansteps-3x5.jpg

Unfortunately, we weren’t able to witness the “sea of clouds” rolling in. They say Its best to go during the winter if you want to catch em’. Nonetheless, the sunrise was spectacular.

huangshansunrise-edit.jpg



Tags: ,

3 responses to “Mount Huangshan”

  1. Grecy says:

    Hey cuzzo! You aspire me with your adventures. I love your pictures they are so breathe taking. By the way you hiked down the mountains when its dark? That is crazy but you are full of excitement. Anyway I look forward to more of your stories… Take care!

  2. Sophia says:

    Thanks cuzzo! The scenery was stunning. The pictures don’t do it justice at all. I hiked it during the day, but i’m sure it’s also possible to hike it in the evening. Thanks again for reading. Miss you and the fam! Take care.

  3. Ching says:

    Hi luv πŸ™‚

    This is where my parents went on their honeymoon… ohhhhallalaa… thanks for sharing the pictures πŸ˜€ now I know what to picture in my head when they talk about the place (which they do A LOT) lol πŸ˜›

    miss ya doll! Hope to bump into you sooner than later πŸ˜‰
    Qing

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *