BootsnAll Travel Network



homestretch

it’s so strange to think that a week from now we’ll be back at home in hawaii… i can’t believe how fast the time has flown by since we started this adventure back in january. on our drive back to auckland, jess and i had time to reflect over the highlights of our travels, the amazing friends we’ve made along the way, the new foods we tried, and how much we’ve learned about ourselves and each other.

i guess in a way, its appropriate that we’ve landed in fiji. it seems to be where everyone comes to get married, fall in love, and rekindle old flames while soaking up the sun. we definitely feel like the old married couple. in the past six months, we’ve gotten to that point where we finish each others’ sentences and laugh at jokes and stories beginning with the opening line. people asked us from the beginning if we were sisters, but we seem to get that question more frequently now. we’ve found many similarities to strengthen our friendship, and also worked through the inevitable differences, and learned to celebrate our individual quirks along the way. with all the stress of travel, i think we’ve done a good job of balancing things out. when one of us is stressed, the other steps it up. and as much as i do love solo travel, i couldn’t imagine having done this trip without her.

here in fiji, the air is warm and humid, with temperatures hovering in the upper 70’s, lower 80’s. there’s blue sky, sand, surf, sun, and we can definitely feel that we’re getting closer and closer to home… it’s a hedonistic paradise here, and i plan to do absolutely nothing in the time we’ve have left. the rest of the trip was about exploring, delving into cultures and trying new things. the next few days, i’m shutting my brain off and i’m planning to RELAX! leave me alone, i’m on my honeymoon! haha.

see you all back home in a week…



Tags: ,

5 responses to “homestretch”

  1. Eric says:

    This is so sweet of you, Malia. Jess tells me that she couldn’t have done this adventure without you too. You guys are awesome. I am so jealous! By da way, enjoy da last few days!! Live it up!

  2. Mom says:

    Hope you two have a safe trip home! Will be fun to hear more about it all in person! Love you. Mom

  3. christy says:

    eric is such a softy =), but i suppose so am i and i have to agree, very sweet blog malia. excited to see you! both of you.

  4. jasmine says:

    i was thinking the same thing as christy and eric as i was reading this…very sweet blog =)

  5. jessica says:

    thanks for the good review. your check is in the mail….
    nah nah j/k!

    thanks for being one of the coolest girls i know. (i’m not just signing a year book) seriously! your coolness has impacted my life & the girl i am today..
    imagine if i never met you in osake? no marathon. and i don’t even want to imagine how boring my life would be!!

    thanks sis… i love you.

    jess

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *