BootsnAll Travel Network



Yosemite National Park

Yosemite was our first national park in the USA and it was beautiful. It was another pretty long drive from San Fran to get to Yosemite but we booked our camp site in advance so we knew we would have somewhere to stay.
We stayed in Yosemite for 3 nights and spent our days walking the trails around the park. The pictures say it all really so here they are.
Here is a view of what we saw as we drove into Yosemite Valley.

This is one of the biggests monoliths in the world

Here is one of Kelly in a meadow.

Here is one of me stood in front of a big rock and a pool of water.

The park is pretty big so we had to drive to some places. We stopped along the way a couple of times as there were some amazing views. Here are a few of my favourites.

While we were at Yosemite we drive to the south of the park to see the giant Sequoia trees. They are one of the largest living organisms on the planet and some of the trees we saw were nearly 3000 years old. Here is a picture of Kelly standing at the base of a fallen tree. The trees live so long because they are resistant to insects and disease but they have shallow roots so eventually they get too big and fall over.

Here is us in front of the “Grizzly Giant” which is one of the oldest and largest trees in the park. They used to cut holes in the bases of these trees big enough to fit a car through.

While we were in the park we saw quite a few deer. They quite often just stared at us for ages. Here are is a picture of one.

Here is a picture of a mother and baby. (Staring right at me)

Finally. Here are a few pictures we took on the drive out of the park. Yosemite was beautiful and it was really nice to camp and wake up with the birds singing and sometimes Kelly singing too.

Thats it for Yosemite.

Next stop…

Las Vegas !!!

James



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *