BootsnAll Travel Network



Fayetteville

After Atlanta we headed for Charlotte in North Carolina which is where we thought our friend Josh who we met in Australia on a previous trip lived. It wasn’t until we arrived in Charlotte and called him for directions to his house that he told us that he lived in Fayetteville not Charlotte. God knows how we got mixed up as Fayetteville sounds nothing like Charlotte but somehow we did.It turned out that Fayetteville was 4 hours away from Charlotte so by the end of the day we had driven about 450 miles. We eventually arrived and found that there was not much there apart from the military base (Fort Bragg) where they train the US special forces. The locals call the town Fayettnam.

Josh was training to be a medic in the special forces so he took us to the base for a tour. Here is a picture of Josh with Kelly outside a IHOP restaurant (IHOP stands for Internation House Of Pancakes). I love pancakes.

We didn’t do much while we were in Fayetteville as there is not a great deal to do unless you like guns and the military but it was nice to see Josh again. He told us a lot of stories about the US military that were quite funny and he insisted that Kelly insert a I.V. into his arm so she would know in case of emergency although I doubt that Kelly will be carrying an I.V. drip bag around with her when she gets home. He explained what she had to do and let her practice on a tube before holding out his arm and letting her loose on his veins. She did a good job except she forgot to hold the vein when she put the needle in so blood started to squirt out but he was alright. Here is a picture of them moments before she stuck him with the needle. I hate needles so couldn’t watch the actual vein penetration.

Finally, here is a picture of all of us on Josh’s front porch.

Thats it for Fayettville.

James



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *