BootsnAll Travel Network



Philadelphia

Bruce Springsteen said he was bruised and battered in the streets of Philadelphia. I am not sure if he got his injuries while he was in the city or whether he decided to visit the city to recuperate but thankfully we did not get bruised or battered while we were there.

Anyway, Philadelphia has got a lot of history (well as much as you can find in the USA) but we were only really interesed in seeing the steps of the Philadelphia art museum that Sylvester Stallone ran up in “Rocky” and tasting the Phili Cheese Steak sandwich which originated in Philadelphia.

We did take one picture of an historic building while we were in Phili and here it is. It is the Liberty Bell Tower.

Anyway. Back to Rocky. Here is a picture of me standing next to the Rocky statue that was recently unveiled by Sly himself.

Here is one of me standing on the steps. I had to fight the urge to shout, “ADRIAN”

Here is one of Kelly standing in front of the buliding.

We took a walk around the city and happened to pass a giant clothes peg. Here is a picture.

Here is a picture of the city hall which I thought looked quite nice.

Now we come to the famous Phili Cheese Steaks. According to our guide book there are two really good places to get a Phili Cheese steak so we decided to get a sandwich from each. Here is a picture of one of the places.

Here is a close up of a sandwich.

Here is one of me eating one.

We could not tell any difference between sandwiches from the two shops. They both tasted lovely.

Thats it for Phili.

Next and Final stop 🙁
James



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *