BootsnAll Travel Network



Los Angeles

Well we are finally in the US of A. We arrived in LA at about 23:15 after an 8 hour flight. Customs was no problem even though we thought it would be in fact all the immigration people were really friendly. We had to have our photo taken and give fingerprints at immigration.

Our friends Ronen and Josephine picked us up from the airport and took us to thier place in West Hollywood. It is really cool staying here as it is only 10 minutes away from Hollywood Boulivard and the walk of fame and stuff and all the transport links were close too.

Ronen and his wife both work during the day so we had the place to ourselves which was cool.

On our first day we checked out the Hollywood area. Here are a few pics.

Here is a picture of us with Ronan and Josephine.

On our first day we checked out the Hollywood area. Here are a few pics. We had to take one of the Hollywood sign. Did you know that the sign orignally read “Hollywoodland”

Here is one of Kelly next to Dick Van Dyke’s star on the Hollywood walk of fame. I tried to find Jack Klugmans star but there were just too many. Hollywood Boulivard is ridiculously long.

Here is a better view of the walk of fame.


Here is one of the front of the chinese theatre. The kodak theatre (where they hold the oscar ceremony is next door)

While we were in LA we had to check out Beverly Hills. Here is a picture of Kelly with the Beverly Hills sign in the background.

We also went to Venice beach and pier which was cool. There were loads of strange people around and a lot of homeless people chilling out in the sun. Here is a picture of Kelly next to the Santa Monica Pier sign. There was a “Bubby Gump Shrimp”
restaurant on the pier that we ate in. I could not believe that they actually opened a restaurant based on a film but after eating there I was even more stunned that we had fallen for the movie restaurant ploy. It was overpriced and the waiters kept giving people a quiz on the movie asking questions like “How many chocolates were left in the box when forest was waiting at the bus stop”.

Here is me with the pier in the background.

While we were at Venice beach we hired bikes so we could ride alond the sea front. It was pretty cool. Here is a picture of us on our bikes. (Check out my chopper !!)

Here is one of me on the bike with the boardwalk in the background.

On the way back from Venice beach we decided to drop in at my private beach. Here is a picture of me at the entrance.

We met this cool guy on Venice beach too. I love the hat and suit combination.

On the way back from Venice beach we decided to drop in at my private beach. Here is a picture of me at the entrance.

Finally here is a picture of the city hall is in downtown LA.

We ate breakfast a couple of times in L.A. in a place called the “Griddle Cafe”. You would not beleive the size of the portions. One portion is enough for both of us (and I can eat quite a bit) but luckily they give you a box to take home what you cant eat.

Thats all for now.

Next stop…..

San Diego

James



Tags:
, ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *