BootsnAll Travel Network



La Paz

We have been in La Paz for 4 days now and it has been good fun. We are staying in an area that is full of market stalls selling every imaginable item. The stalls are everywhere and people are just walking in the road while cars and buses are trying to get past. We have been catching a lot of public buses while we have been here. They use old American buses that are painted in various colours. Here is a picture of one.
The wheels on the bus go round and round

We went on a city tour the other day in an open top bus. The bus stopped at the Valley of the Moon which has some wierd rock formations. We took a walk around for about 40 minutes. Here are a few photos.

This is me and Kelly standing in front of the wierd rocks.

Pour me a drink and i´ll tall you some lies.

While we were walking around there was a guy playing pan pipes standing on top of a rock and you can see him in the background of the picture above.

Here is a picture of Kelly with the pan pipe man.

Pipes of peace

While we were on the tour we also stopped at one of the highest points in the city so we could get a panoramic view. Here are a couple of pictures.

I'm gonna get what's coming to me. no surprises, no impressions
This bed is on fire with passionate love

The tour was pretty interesting and we learned quite a bit of stuff about Bolivia and La Paz.

The following day we visited the coca museum which was very interesting. Here is a link to the web site of the museum that has some really cool facts and info about the plant.

Home

Along one of the roads near the museum we walked through “The Witches Market” that sells all sorts of wierd potions and other stuff such as dried animals. Here are a couple of pics of the market and the wierd animal things.

There is a house in New Orleans they call the rising sun

One dream one soul. One prize one goal

Finally here are a couple more pictures. The one below is a picture of one of the many orange juice stalls that are found all over the place. They have got this wierd mechanical peeling thing that takes the skin off in long strands. It costs about 10p for a cup.

Oranges and lemons said the bells of St Clements.

They have oranges for sale everywhere. There are millions of them. People just sit by the road selling them. Like the lady below.

Got a flip-top pack of cigarettes in her pocket. Feeling good at the top

Finally here is a picture of a busy market street that we took from the bus just before we got off for our hotel.

Desmond has a barrel in the market place

Thats it for La Paz. Next stop :- Copacabana

James



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *