BootsnAll Travel Network



Cusco

After Copacabana we headed for Cusco for a couple of days to book our train to go to Machu Picchu. Cusco is a nice city with lots of old Inca buildings as well as some nice churches. It is the tourist capital of Peru so there are loads of restaurants and bars too. We have seen loads of places that sell Guinea Pig but I have not eaten it yet. I will devote a whole post to it including photos when I do.

We just watched England win 1-0 against Ecuador thanks to Beckhams free kick. Me and Kelly were only saying the other day that Beckham was like a dummy on the field but now we know why they keep him on. It was funny seeing Rooney (Shrek) staring out the linesman.

Back to Cusco. Here are a couple of pictures of Cusco.

Here are a couple of pictures overlooking the Plaza de Armas which is in the centre of Cusco.

Music for a future age, Don´t be square be there

Although i'm young i got a job to do. Hid the microfilm in the lining of my shoe.

Here is a picture of the cathedral in the square. (There was a festival going on when I took the pictures)

So take my lies and take my time 'cos all the others want to take my life

Here are a couple more pictures of the festival.

Shake your serpent thrashing hair come and tint the sleeping air

Very strange hats !

You, can i make it known I'd like to take you home

There was also quite a cool fountain in Cusco.

One thought of you, my heart begins churning

We didn´t do a great deal in Cusco to interest those of you reading this except eat, drink and look in hundreds of markets. We did buy a nice painting that we are going to hang in our place when we get home and I bought a new coat.

Thats it for Cusco. Next stop Machu Picchu !!.

James



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *