BootsnAll Travel Network



Copacabana & Isla Del Sol

We finally left La Paz after nine days and headed for Copacabana and Lake Titicaca. We were looking forward to a bit of relaxation after La Paz. Copacabana is a little town on the edge of Lake Titicaca.

Lake Titicaca is the highest navigatable lake in the world at 3812 metres above sea level (12,536 Feet) and it has an surface area of 8372 sq/km.

 We didn´t realise it would be so big. It was massive and was a really deep shade of blue. Here is a picture of me and Kelly standing on the shore. The picture is a bit dark but you can get the idea.

Where do bad folks go when they die?

We did not realise that it would be higher up than La Paz in Copacabana so it was pretty chilly at night and we had to stop every 5 minutes when we walked up the hill to our hotel because of the lack of oxygen. We felt like old people.

We were in Copacabana for Englands second match against Trinidad so went to a bar to watch it. We dedcided to drink gin and tonic which was a mistake because we only had four each and we had trouble getting back to the hotel. We were in a right mess and it took us two days to get over the hangover. In our defence I watched them pour the drinks and they must have put about 3 or 4 measures in each drink.

We stayed in Copacabana for a couple of days and then got a boat over to the Isla Del Sol. The boat trip took 90 minutes and the scenery was really nice. Here are a couple of pictures I took from the boat on the way to the island.

This is looking back at Copacabana

The hills are alive with the sound of music

This one is of the mountains in the background.

The weather outside its raining.

While we were boarding the boat a couple of guys were providing some entertainment. Here is a picture of them.

On the bottom of the beautiful briny sea

We had heard people talking about some inca steps that you had to go up once you got to the island but we didn´t realise how many steps there would be and how hard it would be to walk up them with our rucksacks. It took us ages and we had to stop every 5 minutes to rest. We wished we had left our rucksacks in Copacabana and just bought a couple of changes of clothes. Here is a picture of Kelly sitting at the beginning of the of the steps the next day without our bags.

Step by step. Ohhh baby

Once we got rid of our bags we had a chance to appreciate how beautiful the island was. We took a couple of nice walks around the island and went to visit some inca ruins. Here are a couple of photos.

Here is a nice view we had while having a quick snack outside our room.

Down in utah the guys and i dig a city called salt lake

Here are the inca ruins that can be found on the island.

The sky was falling, heaven was calling.

On our second day on the island we got up at ridiculous o´clock to watch the sunrise over the lake. Here are a couple of photos. (They are a bit crooked because I had to balance the camera on the rock to keep it steady)

Sunrise early in the morning

Sun, Sun, Sun. here we come

We went to watch the sunset that evening too.

We took this photo looking down from the hill before the sunset

All he could think about was I'm too young for this. Got my whole life ahead

Here is one of us looking out from the island.

Losing everything is like the sun going down on me.

Here a are couple from various stages of the sunset.

You're my distanced destination of choice, I'd give anything just to hear your voice

Saturday Sun. Came early one morning

We were sorry to leave the island but we had to get moving. We have been in Bolivia for nearly 6 weeks. Next stop :- Cusco, Peru

James



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *