BootsnAll Travel Network



Happy New Year’s!

It’s just a number thing; a digit changes, a page turns. Funny though that it has such the power to make people celebrate life with new fervency and form plans to make it—and themselves—that much better by the next time around. I’m the same. I love New Year’s Eve. Birthdays bring awareness of where you are in your life, but New Year’s seems to bring awareness of how much life you still have in you.

Last night wasn’t an exception. Not too rowdy, and a far cry more “well-mannered” than the foam war and eggshell confetti of last year’s Mexican celebration. It was a night filled with amazing tasty food, unlimited access to molten chocolate cake, and enthusiastic dancers unleashed in pumping arms and gyrating hips.

I’ve lazily neglected to think of a single resolution and don’t think that I can muster well-wishes that don’t sound nauseating. So, instead I’ll recycle blessings and hope that you know how much I hope a world of good happens to each and every one of you this year.

CHEROKEE BLESSING:
May the warm winds of heaven
blow softly upon your house.

May the Great Spirit bless
all who enter there.

May your mocassins make
happy tracks in many snows.

And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

IRISH BLESSING:
May God grant you always…A sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you, a sheltering Angel so nothing can harm you. Laughter to cheer you. Faithful friends near you. And whenever you pray, Heaven to hear you.”



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.