BootsnAll Travel Network



walk like an Egyptian

this will be a very short post as internet is expensive where I am, and when I say expense I mean $2.50 an hour…which may not seem expensive but it should be 50 cents an hour…so all relative I guess.

Anyway I am safe and sound in Egypt, a long flight here from Singapore in which I didn’t sleep at all, and an arduous task trying to catch a bus to the hostel. I really should have taken a taxi but the bus was so cheap! and an interesting introduction to Egypt I guess!

Anyway  I will write a bit about my time in Cairo later. I am in a place called Aswan now which is south of Cairo, its around 40 degrees which is freaking hot. I am going on a 3 day trip up the Nile tomorrow to a place called Luxor with lots of ancient egyptian ruins so will fill in everything when I get there. For now I am going to brave the heat and the thousands of men harassing me to meet up with an Eglish guy and heap across to this island. So yeah…so far Egypt has been interesting, wouldn’t say I have fallen in love with the place and too many people n package tours and not enough independant travellers to meet up woth. But no where near as difficult to travel in alone as people make it out to be.

right more info to come later….



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply