BootsnAll Travel Network



The land of chocolate and beer

Belgium has turned out to be a lot of fun. Staying at a great hostel (centre van gogh) and its full of really cool people and nice atmosphere. First night spent it with an american and an english girls, had a very nice evening with lots of chocolate and some crazy types of beer. After 4 days here Ive now had honey beer, raspberry beer, cherry beer, beer made by monks, 12% beer, Lambic beer, organic beer….there is a lot of beer here. Went to a proper Belgium beer bar last night which had about 100 different sorts.

Also theres lots of chocolate, like lots of chocolate. You can buy cheaper good chocolate from the supermarket and also went to some really expensive place where they invented chocolate or something and brought a whole 2 truffles…so good but so expensive.

Brussels is a pretty small city, spent a day with an English chick and we had waffles, went to a brewery and checked out the centre, which is pretty cool, lots of beautiful buildings and lots of chocolate shops. Also went out to look at this crazy thing that was built in the 1950s like a big atom, all shiney and space aged, very weird. Had a good couple nights out, not getting much sleep but thats what its about.

‘Doing’ Brussels only takes an afternoon so today I caught a train to a town called Brugges, very pretty, very belgiumish. Went to the chocolate museum, had lunch, sat by the river, lovely day.

Last night tonight here then off to Paris, and good news is I found a job, so am nannying for a french/NZ couple down in the south of france for July, theyre really great, really relaxed and I can stay with them. So thats good to have that out of the way and will head down there next week.

So summer here is looking good then will do the big Europe trip which after hearing everyones stories am def. looking foward to.

Great, hope you are keeping warm at home sounds like its freezing.

 

 



Tags: , , , ,

2 responses to “The land of chocolate and beer”

  1. Kate says:

    This stupid thing is a poobum (or maybe it’s my stupid eyesight) I just wrote a comment and then I got the code thing wrong and it wiped my comment so I have to start again…

    That’s awesome that you have a job…that must be a relief. How did you get hooked up? It sounds like you your taste buds are having an extraordinarily delectable time. I am meant to be studying for exams at the moment hence me reading your blog site the perfect procrastination activity.

    I just read an massive ass email from Ben it sounds like he is having an awesome time. Honestly I feel I am going crazy now after reading his email and then your blog, Europe sounds amazing…someone get me out of here!!! (this feeling may be the result of my looming exams).

    Have a great day, eat some divine mouth watering chocolate and think of me in cold chch drooling…

  2. Anna says:

    Arnika, long time no contact! Sounds like you are having an amazing time. I’ve been very slack keeping up with your blog but Kates been keeping me updated. Hope to head to Europe early next year, can’t wait!
    Look after yourself, A.

Leave a Reply