BootsnAll Travel Network



La Paz, Bolivia!!

Bolivia is so cheap, its good times. I spent yesterday just walking around the city, its pretty full on. Yesterday was palm Sunday and there was this big market on the main street. I saw probably the coolest band in Bolivia…well I assume they were cool as all the hip kids were there on bmx´s singing along and I got crushed by 100´s of screaming teenage girls.

La Paz at some crazy altitude so again I blame that on  everything. Its a pretty modern city but then with all the women in traditional clothes everywhere. I love it how you can actually buy anything on the side of the road, cd´s, pens, glow in the dark stars, fruit, toilet paper. Who needs malls? I went to the witches market which has all these bizarre things for sale, like llama foetuses and cactus for making crazy drugs. probably wont be buying anything from there…..

Spent a bit of time booking in a tour so am off to the Amazon jungle on Wednesday for a 3 day trip, we go piranha fishing! totally awesome. Also tomorrow am going mountain biking down the worlds most dangerous road…unsure as to why I think this is a good idea with my lack of mountain biking experience but you get a free t-shirt! I will let you know in a few days if I survived or not. Basically the road is dangerous because its so thin and is on a cliff face so if you fall…well you don’t want to fall! thankfully my card has started working so I have money, hurray, was unsure what was going to happen if it wasn’t going to work but yeah all good now. Happened to meet up with people I stayed with in Cusco last night so went out for tea, some of them had llama fondue…interesting. Anway, I’m off to spend some money because I can.

If you don’t hear from me within a week I may have fallen off the cliff

-don’t worry its actually safe…I will be fine…I’m going with a really good company and they haven’t had anyone die!



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply