BootsnAll Travel Network



I’m going to Russia…

Hurray, I have my passport back! Complete with a big Russian Visa sticker. Its scary not having your passport, its like my key to freedom and without it I am useless…so its nice to back safely in my hands rather than the dodgy Russian embassy.


Other than finalizing my visa I am in the process of buying supplies, working out last minute details and trying to get in some study for my final exam on Thursday, which has become a bit of a low priority. As with leaving for an extended period of time (although 5-6 months doesn’t seem like THAT long after my previous one year trip) there is always the good with the bad, and leaving people can be difficult. Trying to focus on the positive and put my attention on travel plans rather than think about the “what if…”

I had a book voucher that needed to be used so today bought the Eastern Europe LP and a Russian phrase book. As you can see by the photo I basically have a small library of Lonely Planet books which will only grow I can imagine, I think maybe I need to work for them or something so I can get free books (because, they are damn expensive!). But it is good to have guidebooks on the road, I like them and think as long as you don’t place all your trust in them they can be useful.

I am really looking forward to my trip, despite some not-so-good parts of it, and only 12 more days to go before I will be on the plane, heading to Singapore



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply