BootsnAll Travel Network



The End of Another Leg

Our last couple days have been expensive but pretty damn sweet too! Yesterday, we went to the Elephant Orphanage, the Giraffe Center, and some Nature place… and, and ,and… get this… we got to pet baby elephants, we got to pet/feed/kiss giraffes, AND we got to pet a cheetah!!!!! That’s right, John and I pet a real, live cheetah! It was pretty sweet. We also got within inches of feeding Lions… their growls/roars really do go right to the bone… it was scary even though they were behind bars. I don’t think I’ll ever get a chance to be that close again… unless it’s the last time I ever see a lion.

After our eventful day of animal petting, we headed off to dinner with another Canadian couple and an Aussie that we met here. For those of you who don’t know, I am vegetarian… and we went to a place called Carnivore. You can only imagine what they serve there… and boy did they ever serve a lot of meat there. There is a giant bbq pit in the middle of the restaurant where they are grilling what seems like hundreds of kilograms of meat… everything from simple beef and pork, to pieces of crocodile and ostrich. This place was huge… and there was no menu (with the exception of me… they actually had quite a good vegetarian menu).

Basically, meat-eaters got soup to start with, then a potato and some salad, and then people with large skewers and sharp knives came around to the tables asking if you wanted a slice of whatever was on their sword. It would be the equivalent on watching someone come around with the whole donair meat on a sword to your table. They literally had whole turkeys and legs of lamb skewered through these swords. It was really a sight to see. John downed quite a bit of meat… the funny thing is, when your table is absolutely stuffed, you take down this little flag at your table to surrender and they will stop bringing meat around. Then you get a free delicious dessert and coffee. As for me, the vegetarian meal was surprisingly delicious! We both pretty much fell into food coma when we got back to the hotel.

Well, I guess today marks the last day of our stay in Africa. We will be catching a flight to Dubai tonight. I must say, I am actually very sad to leave Africa. I really do enjoy it here. Nairobi is a little expensive and city-like but everywhere else we’ve been has been pretty awesome. For those of you who are waiting for pics of flickr, sorry, there hasn’t been anywhere I could load them. I think the earliest I can get more pics on there is in HK… so February 17th or so.



Tags:

One Response to “The End of Another Leg”

  1. Chris Lee Says:

    I need to go to this restaurant….

  2. Posted from Canada Canada

Leave a Reply