BootsnAll Travel Network



Holy Crap… Dubai is crazy

Well, we are in Dubai now. We found a hostel.. that’s right… a hostel on the edge of the city for $50/night. Not cheap to stay here at all… and it’s actually a guest house…. but it is fantastic. This place is like a mansion and the couple here rents out their rooms to people. So, after arriving at 5am this morning, we checked-in and took a nap until noon or so.

In the afternoon, we headed to the Mall of Emirates or something like that… it’s pretty much just like West Edmonton Mall except it has a lot more high end shops. Seeing as how we just came from Africa, seeing all this name brand stuff, vain people, flashy bling, and nice cars makes me a little sick. This whole place is run by people with too much money. I won’t knock it completely though… the buildings here are beautiful and the architecture is definitely different here. Everything has it’s own kind of character. I caught a glimpse of the 7-star hotel on the way to the mall too… it’s very impressive… we will probably go for a closer look tomorrow.

Anyway, not much to report on… there’s really no culture here other than that of rich people and their need to spend money on expensive things. I think our 4 days here will end up costing more than we spent in Africa for months (minus the safari and climb). Oh well, at least it’s a short stop. I’ll let you know how our day of exploring and our desert safari go later. Bye!



Tags:

One Response to “Holy Crap… Dubai is crazy”

  1. Alphonce Mallya Says:

    Watsup?. Good to hear of your safe arrival into Dubai. How is it there?. I define it as a WARM place eh?.

    Cant wait to hear of your desert trip.

    Alphonce.

Leave a Reply