BootsnAll Travel Network



Paris – Day 2

Oh, I thought I should mention, it’s been really nice weather everyday up until this point. On day 2 of Paris, it started out as a very nice and sunny day. We went to Notre Dame and did the 422 steps up into the towers to look at the view of the city. If you every go see Notre Dame, I recommend going to the top of the towers… the view is awesome… but make sure you are in good enough shape to do a lot of steps.
topNotreDame.JPG
*Michelle, I don’t think you would want to do this because the staircase is so steep and narrow that you HAVE to hold on to the railing… and thousands of people touch that railing everyday… I thought of you as I was going up… haha.

After walking through Notre Dame, we headed for the Pantheon (the one in Paris). It was kind of weird, we were able to see the pendulum, crypt, and artwork but for some reason, they were showing some kind of modern art exhibition in the building as well. It was one piece of work that was kind of like a thick spiderweb made out of pantyhose strung out throughout the building and in some of these pantyhose was a bill ball of sand… or something… its hard to explain… If I can figure out how to upload pictures, I’ll try to post one for this blog entry.
Pantheon.JPG
After the Patheon, we went to a big botanical garden that had a little zoo in it. I was quite nice and free so we enjoyed it even more. The plants there seemed so much nicer than what you could find in Edmonton. We didn’t stay long cause it started to drizzle a little… and by the time we reached the subway station, it started to rain.

After getting a little bit lost, we made it back to my aunt’s restaurant to stuff our faces again (for free – mom, I think Aunt is sending you the bill… the big bill…. 🙂 )

In the afternoon, we headed for the train station to catch our train to Brussels.



Tags:

Leave a Reply