BootsnAll Travel Network



Arriving in Paris

So we took the Eurostar (rail that goes under the english chanel) to Paris where my Aunt picked John and I up. The first thing to comes to mind about Paris is how scary the roads are!!! There aren’t any lines painted on the roads so people just cram their car wherever it will fit!! AND we thought traffic circles in Edmonton were bad… Paris is just ridiculous… not only the circle by the arc de triumph… but EVERYWHERE, there are intersections with like 9 entrances/exits.

Anyway, my aunt seemed to know what she was doing and we arrived at their restaurant in one piece. John and I stuffed our faces with a big meal and then my aunt gave us tickets for a boat cruise thing for tourists nearby. It was pretty sweet… we got a quick glimpse of the main attractions (Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Notre Dame…etc) and got to see what Paris looked like at night. They light up the Eiffel Tower in a pretty cool way and every hour there is a mini flashing light show kind of thing.
EffTower.JPGNotreDame.JPG
That night, we tried to book some hostels but all the hostels in Brussels were booked so we ended up deciding to stay in Paris one more night.



Tags:

Leave a Reply