BootsnAll Travel Network



On Safari Day 3

We woke up pretty early to pack up the tents today… Alphonce had to take refugee status in our tent last night because his was so wet. We grabbed a quick breakfast and then were off to Naivasha.

The drive was pretty long and it was just after lunch when we got to our next campsite right next to lake Naivasha (There are hippos in this lake!). The campsite was huge and beautiful… lakeside view and everything! Unfortunately, a pole snapped on our tent so it was out of commission… so John moved to a little pup tent while I took refuge in one of the other traveler’s tents.

It took us a while to get everything set up and then it was time to go for our bike ride! We rented some pretty sketchy mountain bikes but they got the job done. Jay, it’s a good thing we did all that biking because I was actually able to ride the whole 20 kms! It was amazing though… quietly pedalling through the park coming literally just meters from giraffes, zebras, warthogs, birds, gazelles, etc…. During our bike ride, we stopped in hell’s gate where natural hotsprings flow into the gorge… so it’s really hot and steamy down there.

Of course, we climbed like 20-30 meters into this gorge… and it wasn’t an easy feat. We literally had to like cross small streams while holding ourselves up on rocks and what not… it was pretty damn sweeeeeeet. Near the end of the gorge section, we climbed up to the top of the gorge to check out the view… and wow, what a view. Again, words cannot describe the view… even pictures will not do it justice. Just being up there was amazing!!! Siiiigh. John and I took like a million pictures and then climbed back to our bikes to ride out of the park.

Apparently we had to be out of the park by 6pm and it was already getting pretty late so we actually biked pretty fast back to the gate. I can’t believe that John and I were not more tired than we we were! Anyway, this probably doesn’t sound exciting at all to you but yeah, it was.



Tags:

Leave a Reply