BootsnAll Travel Network



In Chengdu Now

Well, after 16 hours on the train, we are now in Chengdu. The ride in the train wasn’t all that bad… there was a guy that spoke some Cantonese so I tried to carry a conversation with him but the more I try to talk about things that aren’t everyday conversation, the more I realize how much my Cantonese sucks. Oh well, it was a bit of entertainment on a long train ride.

Our arrival in Chengdu was fine… our hostel arranged for a pick up and we (along with an Isrealite and 2 other Canadians) made our way to our hostel. The hostel itself is pretty sweet… really chills. We arrived too late to do the Panda tour today so we will do that tomorrow… so instead, we just relaxed for a bit.

I forgot how fun it is to meet random people on the travels since we were so pampered in Hong Kong… but it’s all coming back now. My sides are in pain from the most hilarious New Yorker and his little black monkey (Ed, get your mind out of the gutter… that’s NOT what I’m talking about). This guy should be doing stand up comedy professionally. I mean, we should really be paying him for the entertainment. Not to mention he’s a big black guy in Asia so you can imagine the millions of jokes that we’ve been spitting out. Apparently somebody asked for his autograph in Beijing and asked whether he knew Shaq… haha. Man, Asians rule.

Anyway, we walked around town with Marlon (the New Yorker) for a bit today… entertainment all the way. And now, we are back at the hostel just relaxing… they have a huge selection of movies here so that’s probably what we will do tonight…



Tags:

Leave a Reply