BootsnAll Travel Network



Hump Day Number 3


IMGP3638.JPG

Yet Another Hump Day…

Well, Wednesday has come and gone again… and I’m still here to blog about it so I guess things are going well in France/Geneva. I attended my first meeting here this week… it was almost 2 hours! I think if it were actually an I.T. meeting, I would have fallen asleep but I think the fact that I get to learn about different things keeps it interesting. I’ve been learning all about research technologies and developments related to global efforts to combat diseases of the poor and disadvantaged… it’s such a different setting than anything I’ve worked with. I wish I had more work experience I could bring more to the table here. I look forward to seeing where this opportunity may take me though.

Oh, I found a cheese that I really like here. It’s called Tomme… or something like that. It’s not nearly as strong as some of the other one’s I’ve tried. So far, I think I’ve tried, Compte, Etorki, Tomme, Brie, Mimolette, and some Blue stuff… I like Brie at home but out here, it tastes like eating dirty socks… yes, I’ve eaten dirty socks before. I still haven’t tried any wine I really don’t like wine so I don’t think I will try any. What else can I try in France or Switzerland? I already know the chocolate is delicious and I’m trying to stay away from it so I’m not as big as a house when I get back.

Ummm, other than that, not too much to report… it’s very cold today…. This blog will be moving locations soon since it is supposed to be a “travel blog” and I’m not exactly traveling anymore. So, for those of you still reading, who want the address of the new home of my thoughts and doings, then let me know and I’ll let you know the new secret location :).



Tags:

2 Responses to “Hump Day Number 3”

  1. michless Says:

    yes, i would like the site please! and it is too a travel blog, everyday you travel to a different country to go to work. geez

  2. Posted from Canada Canada
  3. Becky Says:

    I enjoyed reading your blog today! I lived in Ferney-Voltaire back in the 90’s when I was in college. I was an “assistante americaine” at the lycee and college there. I loved Ferney and I’m sure you will, too! I only had a bike while I was there so I learned every little nook and cranny that exists. I actually lived in an apartment in Prevessin-Moens, which is just a kilometer or so from Voltaire’s chateau. Enjoy your time in Ferney! Try to get out and bike and/or walk. It’s a beautiful area!

  4. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply