BootsnAll Travel Network



How We Are Alive, I’m Not Too Sure…

So, John and I thought the traffic in Europe was bad… then we got to Cairo.

Our flight here wasn’t too bad… there was a small delay but our airport pickup dude was still waiting at Cairo International when we got there so we were still able to safely get to our hostel. I don’t know what we would have done if they hostel didn’t arrange a pickup… The hostel is very nice, the atmosphere is really relaxed. Everyone here, from the lady who makes your breakfast to the owner himself is very friendly and they seem to be genuinely interested in whether we have everything we need and whether we are having a good time… Its called the Canadian Hostel… hehe… Canada rules. We slept until noon today and then went to the Egyptian Museum. The security to get in and out of all tourist attractions is pretty intense. Metal detectors and bag scanners everywhere. There was a lot to see there but the layout was a little annoying.

By the time we finished walking around the museum and grabbing a bite to eat, it was time to meet up with a friend of my aunt’s who lives in Cairo. 2 guys came and picked us up and we went all over Cairo… we went up the Egypt Tower and saw all of Egypt and Ghiza through a thin cloud of pollution. We then drove up a mountain where we saw the other side of Cairo from a birdseye veiw. We sat up on the mountain and had some tea and sheesha until dinner time. For dinner, we went to a really nice restaurant where we enjoyed an Egyption meal followed by a live performance by Egyptian Whirling Dervishes. It was really cool to get an insider guide to the city which even included an arabic lesson!

Tomorrow, Ahmed and Mohammed will be picking us up again to take us to the Pyramids and they promised us more Arabic lessons as well. I’m really looking forward to seeing the Pyramids but the drive through Cairo traffic scares me. At least they know what they are doing.
Mesaa El Kheer! That’s good night.



Tags:

No Responses to “How We Are Alive, I’m Not Too Sure…”

  1. Chris Lee Says:

    can’t wait for these pictures

  2. Posted from Canada Canada

Leave a Reply