BootsnAll Travel Network



Good luck on the horizon

Las Vegas, Nevada… not exactly unfamiliar territory.  This is the fifth time I’ve passed through this city.  As always the sun was there welcome my arrival.  I met my father at the airport, and thus commenced our 2 week road trip around the US South West, the corner of the world where I grew up and spent most of my life.     

As soon as I knew my first stop on this RTW adventure would be Sin City, I feared the temptation to place my entire trip fund on a single bet.  I was ready to make a vow not to gamble, but then I remembered a great episode of Entourage.  Vinny Chase and the boys go to Vegas and he places a single roulette bet as a prediction of the trip to come.  So, I broke and allowed a single $100 bet on a set of four roulette numbers… I was speechless when the ball found its place on one of my digits!!!  According to Entourage logic, I’m looking forward to an amazing time and possibly a strip-club brawl with Seth Green’s crew. 

I spent some time with Mike Law, one of my best friends who moved to the city a couple years ago.  He showed off some of the local restaurants, dive bars, and we caught some great live music from the Vegas underground scene. 

While there was very little time away from my friends and family, I did make it out to grab a few pictures of the strip before leaving.  We also made it to the top of the Mandalay Bay Hotel to shoot an amazing panorama.  Unfortunately, I’ve come to an early revelation in my travels… internet/computer time has been sparser than imagined.  Keeping this blog updated is enough work that I doubt there will be enough time to stitch the panos together until I find a new home.  It may be years from now, but someday you’ll have a complete tour of the world in 360° photography. 

My Vegas Travel Photos 

 

 

 

 

 



Tags: , , , , ,

-9 responses to “Good luck on the horizon”

  1. george says:

    fuck yeah boy, live it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will be watching and admiring from afar.god speed my great friend! r-george

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *