BootsnAll Travel Network



And so it begins…

Friday, March 23rd, 2007 I became a houseless man.  Home is now the vast world that we occupy. No daily routine except to eat, sleep, and succumb to whim.  

The transition wasn’t as instantaneous as imagined.  A week after the sale of my house, I was still in the same town wrapping up loose ends.  Yet life was infinitely more exiting upon the first night.  It’s not as if the anticipation for the impending trip was apparent, but rather that the “vagabonding” lifestyle has had begun.  It’s surprising how much comfort can be found in seeking a new place to rest each night and living in the moment for every sand that falls through the hourglass.

So much has happened this past week that I could write a novella, but I will spare the details for more exotic adventures.  Hopefully my photos will convey the story best for now…

After ten nights sleeping at friend’s houses, it became apparent that the last six months of preparation was not enough to prepare me for take leave of twelve year friendships.  The caliber of people I met living in New Jersey has been the most redeeming quality I found there.  It was difficult to say goodbye, but now my eyes are set on the horizon and the potential that awaits.

I sit now in Las Vegas, but the east coast has not been left behind.  It will forever be ingrained in my soul and has shaped my very development to this day.  I only wonder what effect the world will have.
 



Tags: , , , , , , ,

-1 responses to “And so it begins…”

  1. melissa says:

    you are a TRUE adventurer, adam shane. i’m so glad you are embarking on your journey. remember to be positive, and don’t rush! take it all in! ENJOY! i’m so proud of you!

  2. Greg says:

    Vagabonding begins……!

    See you on the road my friend.

    – Greg

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *