BootsnAll Travel Network



Character Development

Five months deep into this adventure has taught me more than I could have learned in five years stagnating at home. I do know I am still far from an experienced traveler, but it is safe to say that I’m at least no longer wet behind the ears. It has been almost a month since I left the comforts of Gangneung, and I’ve found less and less time at a computers to update this blog.

So what has been keeping me so busy? Life… the way I want to live it. The weeks I’ve spent in Seoul kept me preoccupied with friends, playing music, taking photos and visiting the must see sights. I also took a twenty-five hour ferry into China and have been exploring Beijing for the last few days. Now I’m sitting in a quiet pavilion hidden in a secluded corner of Temple of Heaven Park and have pulled out my journal for the first time in weeks.

Is there any more detail than that? Of course!

Do I feel like spending hours baking in the glow of a computer screen? I really don’t mind.

Are there better ways to spend my time in foreign cities half way around the world? Certainly… and that’s why I have to cut back a bit on the detail I’ve been putting into this.

I’ve been shedding material possessions and leaving pieces of my travel kit behind since I started. Just as my pack has been getting lighter, my list of responsibilities has begun to follow suit. I will continue to take photos and try to find time to describe the exceptionally enchanting, exciting or bewildering stories but unfortunately can’t keep the play-by-play for the next year or more.

There is only one catch; thanks to Chinese censors, Flickr is blocked and I can’t see my own photos I upload. So, for now you’ll have to head over there to see what has passed before my eyes. I will be posting links to the Flickr sets on each of the locations titles from now on; at least until I get to a less restrictive country.

Meanwhile, I’ll be exploring this strange land full of exceptional bargains and developing country mentalities. About a week more in Beijing and I’ll be heading south towards Zhengzhou to start training in Shaolin Kung Fu.

See all of my photos from South Korea here!

2 countries in 4 months!

.



Tags: , , , , , , ,

One response to “Character Development”

  1. Greg says:

    So true dude, by time we finish this we will have lived so much more than in the same amount of time at home. An investment that will last for the rest of our lives.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *