BootsnAll Travel Network



Seoul Searching

As I sit here, alone at a bar in Seoul called “Comfort Zone”, an overwhelming epiphany has passed.  It is the culmination of the uncertainty and doubt that have been clouding my travels during the last few weeks.

Your world is and always will be contained within your self.  This understanding cannot be realized during a mere vacation from the normality of daily life.  A change in surroundings only affects temporary disposition towards the outside.  It takes a disassociation from your comfort zone and extended immersion in the unknown before you can truly visualize the world you exist in.

This separation eventually leads way to a defining point of critical revelation.  The illusion of reality fades.   No longer limited by a false view of the world you can truly become free.  By understanding that perception of the world is in your hands to shape, the world literally becomes yours!

So, if you seek an adjustment in your life, the power is completely inside your self rather than your environment.  Any thoughts that the world is bringing you down can be erased by a change in demeanor.  You can enjoy every minute of your life… if you want to.

With this revelation, all my concern faded.  Although I partially understood it before, the concept has never been so apparent and awe-inspiring.  A smile wiped over my face.  I walked outside to the nearest table, sat down and engaged in hours of conversation with complete strangers. 

.



Tags: , , ,

3 responses to “Seoul Searching”

  1. Ryan says:

    well said. i remember writing a post of almost identical sentiment during my trip. glad you made it out here.

  2. Rick says:

    Well well well….Nicely put…now to accelerate your enlightenment …listen to elders…then determine if you understand what they have taught…and if you like… use that knowledge to continue your personal growth.

  3. george says:

    and the secret is now yours my friend.
    you really need to pick up a copy of seven taoist masters. it sounds like you in this post.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *