BootsnAll Travel Network



China beginning

Unfortunately the tablet doesn’t load/work as it should but will struggle on.

So, took the 380 Qatar airline flight to Doha, great plane and not so many peple which was good. Qatar airlines as always very good even if food standards have dropped. It was then an older plane for the less travelled chengdu route but good enough.
Chengdu airport probably in need of an upgrade and knowing China there is probably one coming but got thru fairly quickly.
For anyone reading this blog searching for current info/ ideas I will include basic info as I am aware how little info is around for this region and appreciated what was out there. So from a plan of going into Chengdu I decided to give the smog and traffic a miss and check out the bus station at the airport. There is a China bank atm upstairs which is useful as gives a large amount and worked unlike the one in arrivals. And China is no longer cheap !.
The bus station is easy to find and usable/doable with some handy local destinations.
I took the bus for a 2 hour ish trip to YaAn. Unfortunately here it all got abit messy as I hadn ‘t planned for this – obviously to get a visa you have to have an arranged itinery and hotels ! – so I arrived as it was getting dark and pretty clueless. I realised the last minibus to Shangli had gone so ageed a price of 50y for a motorbike to take me there, at least that is what I thought. All he did was took me to another bus station and put me on a truck. So into the mountain we went then he dropped me off. I quickly figured this wasn’t Shangli as it was neither old or nice and here it got a bit complicated as all I had to go on was a bit of info that i had copied from someones blog but I wasn’t sure if the Chinese chacters referred to Shangli. But I showed peple the characters and they all pointed in the same direction despite looking concerned. The reason soon became apparent, I walked and walked and walked. For 2 hours along a windy dark road, eventually it was hard not to be a bit concerned.



Tags:

Comments are closed.