BootsnAll Travel Network



Where else would you find a leaning tower other than Pisa?

Sometimes I feel a bit sorry for Pisa, I mean everyone goes for like 2 hours to take a photo then leaves. However on arriving I did discover that its actually quite a nice city and for the most part seems relatively unconcerned about the tower. Which may contribute to not finding it super easy….I thought all roads would lead there, but not in this case. Eventually I did stumble across one of the worlds most famous landmarks. Only an hour train ride from Florance the Leaning tower is really quite beautiful, set next to another couple of beautiful buildings and surrounded by grass it is a bit smaller than I thought and true to all European landmarks; coverered in scaffolding. Well not covered but you know, I actually laughed out loud when I saw it, of course there is scaffolding!!

I just chilled out on the grass for awhile in the very warm sun gazing up at it and doing a bit of people watching. Now it seems the only thing better than taking funny photos with the tower is watching other people take photos. Especially when your on a different angle and all you see is groups of people in strange poses, arms everywhere holding up…well nothing. So I took more photos of funny looking people rather than the funny looking tower.
I did of course join in the stupidity that is tourism and do the cheesy pushing the tower over photo but you kind of have to. So that was that, Pisa tick, done in about 3 hours. It was nicer than expected though and enjoyed just hanging out in the sun. Picked up my bag from the storage and waited for the train to Rome. Which was late and as always full of strange looking gypsy girls and a weird guy that stared at me. Excellent.



Tags: ,

-44 responses to “Where else would you find a leaning tower other than Pisa?”

  1. Hi Arnika – we’re all enjoying logging in every now and then – loved all the photos too. Glad you’re having such a cool time. We’re envious. Look forward to seeing you soon… lots of love, Sue, Ruby & Madison

Leave a Reply