BootsnAll Travel Network



Oregon/Pacific Ocean

We spent Labor day in Portland, checked out some of the local micro breweries with good results.  Beautiful weather all day, it doesn’t just rain constantly up here!  Portland is cool, friendly people, some of the best pubs I’ve been to, fresh seafood and plenty of stuff happening in the town.  I even found the elk burger I’d been looking for and had the best gelato I’ve had on this side if the atlantic.

 

The next day, we left Portland and drove to Newport, OR.  A small town on the coast, home to Rogue Brewery, one of the biggest craft breweries in the US.  Spent the afternoon and early evening there taking a tour and sampling their products.  Then down South on the highway that follows the coastline, perfectly clear skies and saw the sunset on the ocean.  The coastline here is awesome, every turn on the highway and you’re overlooking a little (or not so little) bay or inlet.  Rocky cliffs surrounding sandy beaches and the colours just after sunset were great.  Once the light faded, we found a campsite less than half a mile from the ocean, in the forest.  Now I’ve got a couple more days of this coastline into California and the Redwoods… 
   



Tags: ,

4 responses to “Oregon/Pacific Ocean”

  1. Aunt Lisa says:

    Love looking at where you are and what you are doing…appreciate being able to see what you are doing. It reminds me to pray for your travels. Oh by the way, I stole your picture and put it on my desktop. I love it! It’s so relaxing! Lowered my bp just looking at it! Keep up your great notes.

  2. Anonymous says:

    *waits for California review

  3. Kat says:

    *waits for California review

  4. Pla says:

    Elk burger! You should have put up a calendar so we know when you’re flying where.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.