BootsnAll Travel Network



Oregon pt 2

The Oregon coast is great.

 

Oregon coast 
There’s a highway that runs along the ocean, sometimes directly adjacent to, and sometimes a mile inland.  It’s nice.  Every mile or two there’s some kind of state of county park with camping and/or beach access.  There’s overlooks every few hundred feet on some parts of the highway, and the coastline is as varied as it is great.  Some just sand beaches, some huge sand dunes, some rocky scraggy areas with off shore rocks.  There’s even some parts with the rocky cliffs, flat sandy beaches, sand dunes farther in on the beach and off shore rocks making it just about picture perfect.

 

dunes 
We camped along the coast two nights, in two, randomly chosen campsites.  One in the woods 1/2 a mile from the beach and the second 1/4 mile from the beach near a lighthouse next to a whole bunch of sand dunes.  The day spent getting from the first campground to the second we drove a grand total of 50 miles, stopping at many overlooks & beaches and a semi lengthy detour to eat some seafood in Florence, OR.  

 

Next it was on through the rest of the Oregon coast to California.  Still stunning scenery, and beautiful weather for this.  Got to California after exploring just a few more beaches and dunes in Oregon and headed straight for Redwood Nat’l Park where the trees are freakin huge, next entry…

 

 



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.