BootsnAll Travel Network



Buenos Aires; San Telmo, Parillas y Palermo

I got to my hostel in BA around midday, this is the building it’s in.  Really nice hostel.

my hostel

Then after a long awaited shower I went straight out to find some lunch.  I got 3 “meals” on the plane, but they aren’t very big and I was on it for 16 hours, I was famished.  A small cafe serving empanadas was the solution.  I managed to order and pay etc without using any English or pointing at anything, very happy with that.

I walked around the immediate area near my hostel, which is on the main road in the centre, Av de Mayo.  Lots of wonderful buildings with cool architecture.  I didn’t have the energy to do anything in the form of sightseeing, so after relaxing at the hostel for while I went out looking for some steaks with the guy I met on the flight over.  We got a recommendation for a Parilla (barbecue restaurant), but when we got there, around 6:30, we discovered it wasn’t open for another hour.  It seems most restaurants open around 8pm, but locals don’t really show up until closer to 10.  While waiting for it to open we walked around the area, full of shops that had closed for the day, and restaurants and bars that either hadn’t opened yet or were very dead.  We did find one really nice cafe/bar, that actually had a few people in it.  I ordered what appeared to be the house beer, and received a quite good pale ale.  I didn’t expect good beer in Argentina, so this was a nice surprise.  Walking around this San Telmo district reminded me a lot of Italy.

av de mayo

av de mayo

After that, we headed back to the restaurant which was now open and had a few customers inside.  However the experience was not as good as I was expecting.  The names of steaks on the menu were mostly different than the ones I had heard were good, most of the people in the place were tourists, and the menu had English translations on it.  The steak was pretty good beef, but was almost well done and were not asked how we wanted it cooked!  The wine was very good, and went perfectly with the meat.  Argentinean Malbec.  The best thing was the price, a steak at a nice place with side, 2 glasses of wine and the service charge included cost me about $9usd.  More to come.  After that, I went back to my hostel and slept, something I hadn’t done much of the last 3 nights.

My second day in BA, (it’s July already??) I ventured farther out of the city, into palermo, one of the barrios outside of the centro district.  Walked through the botanical gardens and Japanese gardens first…

botanic gardens

Japanese gardens

Then I just wandered through the area, on a few of the main avenues and looked for lunch.  Tried the Italian aspect this time, a pizza and pasta place with nice tablecloths and fancy decor, the sort of place I would never walk into in most countries due to the cost.  I had a large portion of delicious handmade fresh pasta, with an equally good assortment of freshly baked bread, a drink and the price came to just under $8usd!  After that I continued walking around the large barrio of Palermo, past loads of cafes and an assortment of shops.  The odd square lined with both too.

IMG_3603

IMG_3605

After taking the metro back to the centre, I walked around Plaza Mayo, at the start of Av de Mayo this is the main square in the city.  Then back down Av de Mayo to my hostel, crossing one of the widest roads in the world, 9 lanes in total going in each direction, divided into 4 roads.  All along Av de Mayo are lovely old buildings, and indeed all over the city.  Me gusta estar aqui.

Casa Rosada

cathedral

That night, we went out again searching for another steakhouse. (after 9pm this time)  After wandering around for a while, we found one that looked better than the night before.  It was.  No other tourists around, excellent service, similar prices and we were asked how we wanted the steaks cooked.  This steak lived up to the reputation.  Bife de chorizo es muy delicioso.

the Parilla

bife de chorizo y malbec vino

After dinner, we went to the same bar as the previous night, had a couple drinks as the place slowly emptied out and and at 1:30 we were handed the bill as they were closing.  This in the “city that never sleeps”!

awesome bar



Tags: ,

172 responses to “Buenos Aires; San Telmo, Parillas y Palermo”

  1. Simply wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity on your post is simply cool and that i could assume you’re a professional on this subject. Fine along with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with impending post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please keep up the rewarding work.|

  2. very couple of web-sites that come about to be in depth below, from our point of view are undoubtedly well really worth checking out

  3. Have you ever considered writing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog centered on the same ideas you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my subscribers would appreciate your work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e mail.|

  4. Great – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, web site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Nice task.

  5. I wanted to jot down a brief word in order to express gratitude to you for these fantastic tactics you are writing at this site. My rather long internet investigation has finally been paid with good quality facts to share with my guests. I would say that most of us website visitors actually are extremely fortunate to dwell in a very good place with very many awesome professionals with great guidelines. I feel rather fortunate to have discovered your entire website page and look forward to some more fabulous times reading here. Thank you once again for all the details.

  6. I simply could not depart your website before suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard info an individual provide in your visitors? Is gonna be again often in order to check up on new posts.

  7. I really enjoy studying on this web site , it holds excellent blog posts. “Dream no small dreams. They have no power to stir the souls of men.” by Victor Hugo.

  8. I just couldn’t go away your website prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the usual information a person provide on your visitors? Is going to be again regularly to inspect new posts.

  9. But a smiling visitor here to share the love (:, btw great layout. “Make the most of your regrets… . To regret deeply is to live afresh.” by Henry David Thoreau.

  10. I will right away grab your rss feed as I can not to find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Kindly permit me realize so that I could subscribe. Thanks.

  11. Excellent blog here! Also your web site loads up fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my website loaded up as fast as yours lol

  12. Hello, Neat post. There is an issue with your web site in web explorer, would test this… IE still is the marketplace chief and a huge element of other people will leave out your magnificent writing due to this problem.

  13. Kieth Corvin says:

    Thanks, I have recently been looking for info approximately this topic for ages and yours is the greatest I have discovered till now. But, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you sure in regards to the supply?

  14. Myprivateproxy.net

    I found a great…

  15. Cheap Proxies Servers

    I found a great…

  16. Larrynouck says:

    PBN sites
    We’ll create a structure of PBN sites!

    Pros of our self-owned blog network:

    WE DO everything so GOOGLE DOES NOT grasp that this A privately-owned blog network!!!

    1- We buy domains from distinct registrars

    2- The principal site is hosted on a VPS server (VPS is rapid hosting)

    3- Additional sites are on different hostings

    4- We attribute a unique Google account to each site with verification in Google Search Console.

    5- We make websites on WordPress, we don’t utilize plugins with aided by which Trojans penetrate and through which pages on your websites are generated.

    6- We do not reproduce templates and utilise only unique text and pictures

    We do not work with website design; the client, if desired, can then edit the websites to suit his wishes

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.