BootsnAll Travel Network



the last that was ever heard from them….

was a short blogpost as they headed off into Outer Mongolia in search of snow.

06:00 Leave hostel – take two subways to train station
07:40 Train pulls out of Beijing Station (and if the other ones we’ve caught are    
           anything to go by, it will leave EXACTLY on time)
About midnight arrive at China-Mongolia border – customs, immigration, blah blah
14:45 Arrive Ulanbataar, where apparently we will be met by a father and his ten-
          year-old son, who will take us fourteen bus stops away to their ger, where
          we’ll be staying for a couple of nights with a four-child-and-one-cow-family.

Three days later: move to another ger with another family and spend some time trying to organise onward travel across Russia….also cook a Kiwi Roast Lamb

After a couple of weeks: head out to Anak Ranch for a week-long stay, riding horses across the steppe

Within 30 days leave the country.
We’ll go straight across to Moscow – a four or five day journey, depending how slow a train we manage to get on (the slower the cheaper).

Then plans are fuzzy.

We need to be in Berlin to pick up The Bear Cave by mid-May.
We would like to fit in St Petersburg, Tallinn, Riga and a family, who have invited us to stay with them in Latvia before then.

If you don’t hear from us, you can be fairly certain we found snow.



Tags: , , ,

3 responses to “the last that was ever heard from them….”

  1. Allie says:

    Sounds like you’re going to have an amazing time. I’ll be watching with a different kind of interest as you head into Europe – I’m going to the UK in September and will be able to spend one or two weekends in Europe, hopefully. The only difficulty is choosing where to go!

  2. nova says:

    ooooo how exciting!! but how dare they not have wifi on the steppes! how will we cope with no updates?!

    have fun! good luck with the snow quest 😀

  3. Fiona Taylor says:

    It’ll be like waiting for the astronauts to come back into contact when going around the moon! Viel Spass und wir wuenschen Euch alles alles gute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *