BootsnAll Travel Network



dedicated to dad

by a daughter
Beijing, China

We turned into the alley our first day here and wondered if we were in a construction site, and not a youth hostel. It turned out we were, and each day as we have walked by, we have stopped to watch the craftsmen at work.
On one occasion Rob took a photo of the roof construction, which, four days later, is now complete…then when he turned around, look what was coming up the alley!

and finished:

It’s quite interesting to consider that here in this modern city (where you can see major feats of engineering wherever you look), old time skills such as taking a tree trunk and turning it by hand into beams and planks of wood are still practised.
Snap – the Grandpa wrote exactly about this today as well – he’s got some more great building pictures too (especially the very last one – a close-up of a guy tiling the roof) if you’d like to take a look here.

Jboy13 noticed, there are helmets a-plenty, but not a steel-capped boot to be seen – everyone is wearing soft canvas slip-ons! Never mind the safety aspect, there must be some freezing toes!



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *