BootsnAll Travel Network



“Stabah”

having found an internet cafe the other night, we returned this morning to hook up our laptop for the first time in days….bit it could not be done, we were sent downstairs to “Stabah” where we were promised there would be wi-fi. J14 found it – Starbucks!!!!! So I’m about to upload some photos and publish a few prewritten posts…..as we want them in chronological order on the blog, there’ll be a bit of backtracking. Look out for BIRDPARK VISIT, A BIG DAY (but not today coz we’re not organised enough!)….A LONG AND WINDING ROAD (get a cup of coffee before you start reading that one)……TEA……TIME TO GO….they’ll all show before this post so scroll on down past the coconuts and picnic…..and in future, wireless access is an essential requirement when booking a guesthouse (says Rob)!! 

PS I’ve been in Stabah for an hour and a half now and figure I’ve used up Grandpa’s arm-and-a-leg it cost him for a coffee….so no time to reply to comments. We’ll do it when we get to Penang in a few days……



Tags:

4 responses to ““Stabah””

  1. Russell & Lerk Shih Stedman says:

    Hi! We live in Penang. We are related to Felicity and Mike Bright who go to Titirangi Baptist Church (Russell is F’s brother) We are a family merely half your size and have been living in Penang for the last 10 year.

    If you are planning to stop by in Penang and have not made any plans……would you like to be hosted by us? We can squish you in Malaysian style.

    Please contact us either by email russlerks@yahoo.co.nz or phone Lerks 012-445 1458.

    We had the same idea of travelling overland about 10 years ago and feel slightly peeved that you are starting on your trip before us. Second best is to be able to steal some of your ideas.

    Lerks & Russell

  2. MarthaAnn says:

    Hope all goes well for your trip to Penang.
    I am enjoying your travels.

  3. Russell and Lerks Stedman says:

    we thought we left a reply yesterday, but it’s not here…

    We live in Penang. We are related to Felicity and Mike Bright at Titirangi Baptist (Russell is Felicity’s brother) – who sent us your blog link. Our family is half your size and we have been living in Penang for the last 10 years.

    If you haven’t any plans for Penang, we would love to host you. We can squish you into our house, malaysian style. We actually had the idea to travel overland to England from Penang one day and are a bit peeved that you are already doing it. We figured that second best thing is to steal some ideas from you instead.

    Please email us russlerks@yahoo.co.nz or call Lerks 012-445 1458.

  4. May says:

    Good to have you guys online again!

    Man what an adventure so far!! PTL for keeping you all safe thus far, and a sense of humour to take you through the less than pleasant times!

    Make sure you all have a nice long chill out at Batu Ferranghi beach in Penang when you get there!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *