BootsnAll Travel Network



Peking Duck

Well, not quite.
But Glen Eden Duck, doesn’t quite have the same ring.
It did, however, have the flavour. Our Most Adventurous Friend (the one who took his family to Nepal to dodge Mice for a few years) caught a duck. Yes, right there in his suburban back yard. And what do you do with a duck apart from wring its neck, roast it and cook it up in a mushroom-ish-looking sauce?

Luckily for us, he issued a last minute dinner invitation. And we were more than happy to accept. We are about to spend 24 hours a day with our kids for three hundred and sixty five days and so we didn’t mind an adults only night out (there being only one scrawny duck, they couldn’t invite us all). Not that we acted like adults. Do you know how many uses there are for a pillow? Never mind.
We also chatted……don’t you love conversations that run from mud biscuits to mountain vistas, from moving house to *what do you hope to get out of this year?*, from babysitting to world politics? We do.

We’ll never eat duck again without remembering the free range organic wild duck from Glen Eden, the conversation, the companionship.



Tags:

3 responses to “Peking Duck”

  1. Leighleigh says:

    I don’t think I can say I am jealous of the meal – but we have been informed, and are on the waiting list…..I was a little concerned of the legal status of the dinner!! Pleased you had a great night!

  2. rayres says:

    You should be jealous – it was DELISH!!!!!!
    Legal status? Pishposh!!!! If a duck is silly enough to run under a big box in Dr L’s garden, he doesn’t get the right to an attorney, you know.

  3. Leighleigh says:

    With the cost of meat these days our backyard friends could be the solution (that or going vege…) There certainly doesn’t seem to be a shortage of ducks….Mr M was chasing them out of the school on Sunday – I was surprised he didn’t grab a couple for the freezer!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *