BootsnAll Travel Network



one fish, two fish…cornish pasty

by Rach, again
St Austell, England

I can see why he was disappointed. It had cute buildings and Cornish pasties and cream tea (scones with jam and thick clotted cream), but the character of days-gone-by was diluted by the rampant commercialisation of made-in-China plastic goods spilling out of most shops onto the cobbled streets. It certainly wasn’t as Grandpa remembered from just after the war.
However, that said, the Cornish pasties were delicious and Looe was still a cute wee fishing village.

We will remember our time here fondly. Not for the view, although that was amazing. Not for the horses, though they were friendly and followed us around.
Not even for the Celtic spiral, though that was yet another something special.
Sometimes you meet someone, who is just a very interesting person, and our latest couchsurfing hostess was exactly that. Vivacious, gentle, knowledgeable, welcoming; she brightened our day with stimulating conversation. It’s not every day you meet someone who can talk about crystals and rainbows, training bad eyes and language learning theories, metaphysical relationships and the history of Cornwall, human evolution and sustainable lifestyles. She enriched our experience of the southern coast of England.
C, we are pleased you have emerged from your darkness and blessed us so richly.

Time on the road: need to check Jboy13’s record!
Distance covered: 49km



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *