BootsnAll Travel Network



Er ist angemeldet

by a relieved Rach
Berlin, Germany

YIPPEE!

That’s right – Rob is registered in Deutschland. He can live here forever. The rest of us can only stay three months, but that is immaterial right now. More importantly, he can purchase vehicle insurance. We are ready to party!!!! And we could have – our fellow housemates got out the smoking pipe this evening. It was fascinating to hear them explaining to the children, who, of course, were most inquisitive.
“Oh, this is not a good thing. It’s bad for you, you must never do it. You put tobacco in and this hot stone, but you mustn’t, OK? It’s really bad for your health.”
So you see, education does not necessarilly lead to wise decisions.
But Rob ist angemeldet and so tonight we are happy.
Without dangerous substances.
And all legal.

Methinks he didn’t pull that face aboveĀ at the Buergeramt….more like this I’m-really-a-nice-guy-one. And do you see our New Nice Helpful Canadian Friend, who has rendered assistance to this family in despair? That’s him in the background. With the Berlin map to the side. Obviously.

(Does that mean we are ready to hit the road? No No No. Not so hasty!! Our second vehicle has to go through the fitness testing etc….it could be another five to ten working days until we are ready to leave Berlin. But that’s good timing – Dad’s replacement Eftpos card was put in the mail yesterday – it’s with the *urgent* courier – and will take five to ten working days to arrive. You wouldn’t want to be in an emergency, would ya?)



Tags: , , ,

11 responses to “Er ist angemeldet”

  1. Allie says:

    Hooray! I love that God comes through with solutions.

  2. Fiona Taylor says:

    5-10 working days for the card! I am quite astounded at the length of time the bank has taken over the card. Congratulations on being angemeldet! QUITE an achievement!!

  3. Catherine says:

    Just be thankfull that they are sending the card at all. Back in the mid 90s a machine chewed up my credit card in Scotland and the NZ bank REFUSED to send an unsigned card out to me, even to another bank where I would have to sign to pick it up. Had to wait 2-3 months untill my parents arrived on a preplanned trip with card that the bank only just let them out of the country with unsigned!

  4. Sharonnz says:

    Great news guys. Having a wee chuckle at the pipe session;-)

  5. Tara (from Palmerston North) says:

    Fantastic! The adventure continues….

  6. Gran and Pa says:

    Now you can enjoy Berlin. Go look at the central station. it is amazing.
    Hope the weather treats you ok.

  7. Heather says:

    I catch up a few times a week with your travels and love reading about your adventures. Have fun exploring Berlin.

  8. victoria says:

    Glad to hear you will be heading in our direction (London). If I can be of any assistance with anything, let me know!
    Best wishes

  9. The Eds says:

    Glad to hear the good news………enjoy the rest of your time in Germany!

  10. The Baddeleys says:

    Great to hear it’s all a go – hope you have a great time in Berlin. Just as an aside – doesn’t Rob have excellent teeth – hope that is passed down to all the kids!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *