BootsnAll Travel Network



Plans change, particularly when at the discretion of a libran mistress

After finding a brilliant organic vego cafe/restaurant/bookshop in chiang mai, which then became my local hang out, i met up with some folks who have spent that last few months in a tiny town called Pai and said i must check it out.

So here i am the following day, after a harrowing minibus journey, filled to the gills with backpackers, with a failing aircon as the ascent up the windy mountain began, nauseous to the teeth through a four hour journey that was marketed to be 2.5hrs!

But i have touched the goddess, and her name is Pai. i have a simple bamboo
hut complete with deck and hammock, and an entire wall that opens out directly onto Pai river ($5). The pace here is very chilled, i haven’t seen a car, just plenty of foot traffic and bikes. i realise now that chiang mai is a transit zone, a hideous mecca of beer and prostitutes, but a gateway to the hippie heaven of the northern villages. i want to stay here at least a week and do some courses – thai massage, cooking, weaving – all look good.

i don’t think i’ll get to Nan, i just can’t stomach another bus ride, but might snatch a few days in Ko Chang (an island just off the coast near Bangkok) before i fly to London.



Tags:

Comments are closed.