BootsnAll Travel Network



Rio De Janiero

Well we finally arrived in Rio after a nightmare journey. We left Heathrow as planned but when we got to Madrid we found out that our flight was delayed due to French air traffic controllers being on strike so we had to wait for another 12 hours for a flight.

There were no direct flights to Rio so we had to go via Sau Paulo but when we got to Sau Paulo to change planes no one knew where we had to go so we ended up queuing to get through customs and by the time we got through we had missed our connecting flights. We then had to get a bus (90 minutes) journey to another airport to get a plane to Rio. It ended up taking us 36 hours to get here.

We have been in Rio for a couple of days now and it is a beautiful city. We went to see the Statue of Christ yesterday and got some really good photos of the city from above.

View from Statue Of Christ

Me and the view from Statue of Christ

Statue of Christ

Me and Kelly having a fruit juice

We went swimming in Copacabana bay today which was cool. The weather is really nice. It has not rained yet and the temperature has been around 30C most of the time.

The men in Rio are quite vain and we have seen quite a few of them wearing extremely tight “Speedo” style swimming shorts walking down the beach posing. A lot of woman seem to have had surgery too. (someone told us that Rio is ahead of LA for plastic surgery operations)

Another thing about Rio is that loads of people seem to own poodles and they make them wear little mini dog shoes. There are pet shops all over the place.

We both got a bit sun burned today so we are covering up over the next few days.

We have not been mugged or anything yet thank god but we we keep getting warned not to carry our bags around the city and we got a taxi today and the driver made a point of locking both of our doors after we got in.

Me on Copacabana Beach

We are getting a bus tomorrow morning to Curitiba so I will be updating this again soon.

I hope this all made sense and was not too random. Feel free to make comments or suggestions.

Overlooking the bay

Will update soon

James



Tags: , ,

0 responses to “Rio De Janiero”

  1. Nelson says:

    Maybe it is too late to tell you this, but there are several direct flights to Rio from Europe (without need to stop over in nightmare Sao Paulo as you have found out yourselves).

    From Lisbon you can fly with TAP
    From Madrid with Iberia and Air Europe
    From Paris with Air France

    I am sure there are others, but these are the ones I know.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *