BootsnAll Travel Network



Mind and Body in Space

Starbucks musac trilling in my ear, parents’ website uploading, foamer hissing, leaves changing, hunger emerging. This moment is insignificant, but not really. I find that I’m becoming very comfortable in this country, with this new sense of timelessness, with my lengthening joblessness, and with being displaced across the world. Not to add extra worry to those of you who already thought I’d never come back; finances and phoning frustrations already eat at me. It still may be that I’m back in Alaska this summer, working to fund my waiting. It’s just that at this moment, I am very content—no excited—that my future (meaning even two weeks from now) is yet to be written, pen hovering above a heap of empty pages.

Beyond coffee-buzzed blah, blah blah’s–

I am now in Queenstown. Beautiful little place, hugged with mountains, fall in the air. It’s also the place to order your keg of adrenaline over a counter. Weather permitting, tomorrow should be bungi-jumping day; the day after, an acrobatic flight. Combined with my helicopter tour around Mt. Cook a few days ago, I am definitely finding ways to nurture my need to fly.

“Live thy life as it were spoil and pluck the joys that fly.”
Proverb quote



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.