BootsnAll Travel Network



MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

christmas santa cindyxmascocktailkidsantasxmasshowdancers

Hope you are reading this with a full belly, bells in your head, head full of satisfied Christmas sentiments. It’s now officially the 26th for me, but I am still sitting thinking warm thoughts for all of you at home—can you feel it? : )

Well, I officially got over my pouting; a self-inflicted kick in the butt is more like it. Christmas Eve an impulsive bus decision plopped me on Pattaya Beach, Thailand. Oh My Hedonistic Holidays!! Probably anywhere in Thailand would have been culture shock leaving the peace of Cambodia, but this particular place highlighted the worst of this country (or the best depending on your perspective). To keep from a breakdown I composed “Pattaya Days of Christmas” which memory morphs to the following:
12 ladyboys slinking
11 lines of lingerie
10 thais in fishnet
9 naughty neon
8 pornshops peddling
7 streets of go-gos
6 wide-eyed children
fiiiiiiive, scoops of ice creeeammmm
4 cat calls cooing
3 sleeping “cops”
2 hours to Bangkok
and a fa la la falang runs far away! : D

Yup, I rapidly wove my way through the throngs of old men and tiny Thais in santa minis and ran to Bangkok first thing the next morning. (Who would have guessed that Bangkok could look so lovely?) Here, Khao San Road set a humorous set for my Christmas scavenger hunt. I met some interesting and fun people, got to dance for the first in a long time, and joined the throngs of others who were either homesick like me or oblivious in their traveling trances that it was Christmas anyway.

Tomorrow morning, I leave early early for India. Looking forward to the change, no matter how intense. Will prepare myself through a progressive dinner through the streets, shifting scarves to the top of my backpack, and getting ready to actually WEAR my money belt.

Merry Christmas! Sawadee Pee Mai! (thai) Feliz Navidad! (spanish) Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom! (russian) Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar! (dutch) Meri Kirihimete! (maori) Shub Naya Baras! (hindi) Froehliche Weihnachten! (german) Merry Keshmish! (navajo) Maligayamg Pasko! (tagalog) Mele Kalikimaka! (hawaiian)



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.