BootsnAll Travel Network



Bird-watching

It’s hard to know what and how to write right now. I’ve just arrived in a beautiful country, much to see and do….but I can’t figure out why I’m here. I’ve said that it’s for “a job,” but I just heard that my OT registration may take up to a year. I can’t really call it “vacation,” as I haven’t had work to vacate from for 6 months. This morning, in the train station, I sat and stared for an hour. A muscle-builder sniffed his pits; “Serpent Guy” turned and flicked his tongue around the room at no one in particular before descending on the escalator; a cute little bird snuck in and hopped within inches of an oblivious man’s heel. So, I wonder, for this particular morsel of my life…what’s the purpose? Was the silent punk who sold me his lemon today a Serpent Guy? Is there a little bird following me that I haven’t noticed yet? Or should I stop inspecting, get on the silly train, and just enjoy the ride?!

On a more frivolous note, it was so nice today to trade flapping in my flops around town for pedaling. Two out of three of my bags arrived, including my bike. Somehow it seems a bit crooked in the assembly, but still a fantastic way to get anywhere more quickly and tour the gorgeous Aukland harbor, beaches, and bays. Now, once my final piece of luggage arrives (?!), I will drive …uh, left-sidedly and quite cautiously…out of the city. Yikes! : O

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”
Martin Buber



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.