BootsnAll Travel Network



A good, good place

My muscles, my mind, my eyes and belly are complimenting us on our latest destination: Hat Tonsai Beach near Krabi. Yesterday began with a disorienting post-dream funk. In my dream a series of purposed “coincidences” were strung together to instruct me on the meaning of my life. And this included a gift-bearing poodle, raw meat from a place called “Kaleburi,” and a 3-story high fireman’s pole. I now have proof that Malarone does strange things to a sleeping brain. A handful of boat rides later, we arrived in our beautiful new home for the next few days. Colorful “long boats” lining the shores, rope swings slung on coconut trees, climbers scrambling up limestone cliffs, shops boasting signs of “Real Coffee,” and a lean, relaxed crowd—a fantastic contrast to the previous resort-laden, techno loud beaches. I could stay here for a long time. Like forever. Or leave in a couple days with the assured optimism that there will be more gems like this.

Today was our first day out climbing with our Thai guide Yhu. A far cry from the dim stinky Alaska Rock Gym with colored tape routes, we reached our climbing sites by long-boat, creeping through caves, and rappelling. The amazing teal water views in the periphery may have impaired concentration a bit, but overall it was the most amazing climbing experience I’ve had. Tomorrow–kayaking and a sunset climb. Did I mention that I like this place? ; )



Tags: , ,

One response to “A good, good place”

  1. Jill says:

    Hi Cindy and Kristin!! Looks and sounds like you are having a blast! You should send some of your photos to Title 9 or Patagonia! It is 15 degress in Cordova today!nrHey, my friend Gonzalo is a dive master in Kolok! He is wonderful. He videos your dive and makes a DVD with music for you. His photography is amazing! If you would like to get a hold of him I would be happy to give you his email. Just let me know. You girls would LOVE him!nrHave fun!nrJill

  2. admin says:

    Great to hear from you Jill!
    I think our travels are now tugging us far, far from the ocean so I don’t think there’s any more diving in store. Thanks for thinking of us though! Sounds like maybe this is a great time for YOU to go visit your friend for a good thaw! : )
    Please say hi to all the Cordova cuties for us! : )

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.