BootsnAll Travel Network



what day is it?

well, time goes by and i can’t keep track of it.  What can i say, the night life is good here.  I ended hanging out a lot with this auzzie named michael.  at first i thought he was anoying because he’s slightly more aggresive, which i looked at as crowding.  but now we hung out for the week.  He meets more people than i do because of his agresiveness, so i get to meet these people too.  He left on another holiday.

I get to meet a few interesting people in the hostels.  I had to move, i went to picaddillys backpackers hostel.  it was ok, but people were not friendly as much.  the place was kind of a dump too, but i enjoyed having a microwave.  so i bought microwave dinners all the week.  Now i’m back at the international students house, and in the 10 person dorm they put me in this time, its really really nice.  i like it.

the job thing.  so i’ve been looking for a job.  interviewed with a company, but was unsure i wanted it.  they offered it to me the next morning, and i took it.  whops.  i made a year commmitment.  I am still hesitant about it because it pays very very poorly and the year commitment sucks.  they gave me a contract to sign, and it was so one sided with the right to change work days, hours, and extra overtime unpaid that i refused to sign it.  Here the work week has significantly longer hours, and i was unaware of that.  Also they only need to give you a  20 min break.  i was hoping that the contract might blow things up, but it didn’t so i was working there on thrusday and friday.  they are a lingerie wholesaler, interesting field.  Now that i’ve been there, even the hardest stuff is not that hard.  Their definition of logistics sure isn’t the same as mine.  I will be the third in the office, very small company.  i lost some sleep over the pay problem, so i really need to speak to the boss on Monday.  Maybe i will just walk off the job.  I’m thinking i would be ready to do it any time.  it definately will not be a good thing for Bunac (swap), they recommend staying with companies at least 8 weeks, and they posted the job there, and i agreed to stay there, with the clause “it depends on the job”.  i was just talking to another auzzie just finished university, he got a good job and they pay him significantly better.  Hmm, time to make another decision.

i got my bank card, and activated it.  now it takes another 4 working days to get the pin.  with the job, i don’t know how i will get over there during office hours.  but i thought it was odd that you can get your bank account cards but i can’t use them until i get the pin through the mail.

i don’t recall ever eating the suggested serving sizes, or maybe i’m extra hungry now.  I think its because its the lack of large meat portings in meals.  On thurs, i ate a suggested size of sweet and sour microwave dinner, then had a snack size of fried rice, then i was still hungry.  so i went back to tesco and bought some chicken wings.  i microwaved and ate that.  they weren’t cooked so well, so when i got throught a pound i gave up the rest.  friday night i ate a double serving of sushi, its also common at tesco.  must be all the walking.  i walk everywhere, all day, with my small pack.  well i’m rambling with incoherent thoughts so i’ll sign off for now.

and for pictures, i need a place to upload them.  if anyone know of a good site, let me know.  this site doesn’t work so well and emailing them all doesnt work so well either.

later



Tags:

2 responses to “what day is it?”

  1. Marie Anderson says:

    Hey Geoff, gald to read your doing good. i will keep up to date how swap, and traveling around are through you and get ready for october to make the trip over, remember we will have a drink in a bar when i land, or get there. anyway, i will e-mail a letter to you with wonders about your trip and adventures. i was thinking that maybe you could try using the “my space” or your msn blog area to up load your pic’s, these web sites seem to work for me and my friends, anyway take care and chat or read about you soon,
    Marie

  2. Anonymous says:

    Wow sounds like you are already having lots of fun. Life here is still as boring and dull as ever. Hopefully my programming project will self destruct…can you say “logic bomb”. No! I will not sabotage my project! I will not sabotage my project!

  3. Barbara says:

    Hi Geoff, I found a good place for you to upload your photos. It gives you 1GB of free space, and you can link it to blogs and other sites. The web addy is

    photobucket.com

    I hope this works better for you!

  4. Barbara says:

    Whoa, it even lets you upload 19 images at once!!!

  5. Jacky says:

    sounds like u r haveing lots of fun and u seal to be drinking alot. i guess u r still the same old geoff that i known for ages. Sorry I didn’t get to talk to u the other day i was at work plus i am cheap log distance calls on a cell phone is bloody expensive. take care have a few drinks for me and stop laying on the streets its not safe didn’t u learn that here lol

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *