BootsnAll Travel Network



Tuesday… another day, another job

So i asked my boss for more money and less than one year. it didn’t go over so well. He said i didn’t need to stay one year, well he should have told me that before i asked for more money. they can’t afford to pay me more, i heard them wispering.  so i handed in my key and walked. Its always a risk to lose everything to gain something. time for more job hunting, as that ends my 3 stay stint in the lingerie industry.  Did some phoning about my stolen sin card out of the mail, more difficult than you might imagine to find phone numbers that work.  Back at the hostel, i ran into joe from toronto and told him i want to go drinking.

so with his buds from permanent residences here, we headed to tesco for some drinks.  (The grocery stores here sell booze)  They were worried about how much to drink.  He dared me to drink a bottle of wine, because he thinks it will make you sick.  No problem, i do it all the time.  Then he dared me to chug a bottle of wine.  what am i stupid?  but i love a challenge, so he said he would keep up with me (this is one of joes buddies, i have no idea what his name is, most of these guys i meet don’t speak the greatest english). 

Theres a bunch of reasons why they might not let you into the bar, one that we were talking about before they left was that if you didn’t have enough women with you, they won’t let you in.  We walked around the hostel knocking on doors and talking to people.  Back at the hostel, we chuged some wine, and i was feeling ok.  I finished up my bottle, and he still had more than half of his so i stated on his bottle.  His wine was gross, and I never made it to the bar….  I heard later that they didn’t get let into the bar, the lineup was huge they claim.

i think i will try using photobucket.com



Tags:

One response to “Tuesday… another day, another job”

  1. Anonymous says:

    Well, I would have just kept that job until you found another one. Not just quit outright…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *