BootsnAll Travel Network



the party continues…

every day i forget what we did yesterday. a good thing. and every day i meet more and more canadians. our revolving group seems to get larger and larger. good times. too many people from calgary. :O

since i only really look for jobs and party, heres how it went…

after friday we hit cutty sark and the maritime museum. i found it quite a bit more interesting than th eother museums. between that and the palace, the weird traffic lights and canary warf, the day flew by.

this upload place is a lot different too, still looking for a better place to upload

in the maritime museum, we naturally get seperated and i ran into sean columbia (aka bc) on the third floor who is watching michelle winnepeg wander around the second floor trying to find us. after finishing laughing at her from the third floor, we went around to search for her, half hartedly, then we got kicked out because it was closing and thats where we met up. up to the observatorry which lies on the prime meridian, which was closed. it was such a nice vantage point, and the only one in the city that i know of. they were filming The Flood, look for it in a few years. it looked pretty lame. exhausted, but since i had planned a bar night, we started drinking at 9, which is normal for us, but not around here. we hit the hostel pub for a few hours then went out and wandered around soho/picadilly area. searching for a open bar at 1 am just doesn’t work so well here, especailly if you do not want to pay a lot of cover. now i hope that i’m not getting all the nights mixed up in a big mash, but it went something like that.

yesterday was the funnest night so far. the ensire day i wandered around with sean columbia seeing the various sights. apparently there was a wing in the national gallery i missed, and also missed the portrait gallery around the back. the fun part was at night.

tesco express, by the way is like a grocery store, sells individual botttle of booze and finally i found a couple of people who agreed it was not legal to drink in the streets, its just that everyone does it anyways. So needing the girls to get into some bars, we went hostel door knocking, which as usuallly ends up with not so much success. but we grabbed sushi (shira from winnepeg) and some whoknowswhathernameis (cicely i think) from the bar and drank walking down to picadilly. fernando (aka leonardy, by the way i name people and call them werid names so i can remember them, its rather fun) from Italy, decides to try and take us to a bar which charges 5pounds cover. beeing cheap canadian asses, we decide no and go to another club that ends up having cover for 8 pounds. at least this one is open late.

i have never lost so many wing men in so little time. every time you walk two steps, i lose a wingman. crazy fun, and a good number of people don’t speak english, and my french sucks. seanontario decides he needs to leave, we try and round up people, and in the meantime sean ontario takes off. we spent about and hour looking for people, it was really packed. fernando decides to catch up to us after all, with his drunk ass, which he admits, and his beer goggles are definately on. we try to eat at the chinese food place, but decide to walk out as we must order minimum 3 plates and we each only have a few pounds. quite the expensive night, as now we are all broke. i have two pounds in my pocket as i write this. fernando wants duck. he really want duck. he doesn’t have any money. he insist he needs his duck. so we grab it take away and eat sitting on the sidewalk. now why does an itialian need chinese duck? sean columbia meanwhile is acting like a beggar, asking people for spare change, while we chow down on duck and rice. too bad it never worked.

on the way home we are trailing some british girls who think they are america, singning american songs, sweearing at us because were making fun of them, and talking like americans. fernando was very funny, he make fun of them so well, mocking their songs. i don’t understand their swedish/polish whatever the heck they are swearing at us, but if you don’t let it phase you, you can keep on mocking people. maybe thats why they kept swearing at us. at home it may be that i do dumb ideas for a laugh, but whenever i suggest something here, everyone is always up for it. for our last idea, we dance around a car of girls hot boxing it for a final good laugh before we retreat into the hostel. what a hoot.



Tags:

3 responses to “the party continues…”

  1. Anonymous says:

    Wow sounds like fun Geoff. Have fun. 🙂

  2. Jacky says:

    how r u suppose to know which kights to look at

    sounds like u r having fun over there oh and try to be sober when u post somethingon ur blog cause its really hard yto read when theres alot of typos unless u did it on purpose which i think u did then keep it up crazy ***** (ha i can modify what you type-geoff)

  3. Rob says:

    Hey geoff it’s Rob from DU, sounds like your having a great time. I hope you can share it with me I’ll be heading your way in early Sept.

  4. Dustin says:

    Hey Geoff…your on quite the adventure. So how was the duck?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *