BootsnAll Travel Network



good things come to those who wait…

maybe i was destined to work in the fashion industry…

 i hit an all time feeling low a few days back. felt really bad overall. then i figured out it was mostly due to a never ending hangover from continuous drinking. once i rehydrated, i felt on top of the world.

on interviews and jobs…

the interviews started rolling in the day after. I have never bought a suit so fast in my life. do you have anything black in my size? no. what do you have? i’ll take it.

the first interview was for a fashion accessory company. communication is important they say, well they should not have previously hired an assistant who does not speak english then. next insolvency company. 2 hours for a first interview. i knew more about insolvency than the interviewer. i should get her supervisor position. the base pay is good and the rest in performance based. Though for me to do contracts with having a 3 month admin position before, not too keen on. Next administration at an american school. The security was nuts. on every corner they had a suited security guard. four at the main entrance, for which i needed photo id. she said she thinks i have it but she needs to interview one last person on monday because the interview was already booked. Pays alright, this slightly higher than the last one.  Too bad almost all jobs here are a demotion.  need work experience in a temp market.  ya right.  she called back yesterday (the school) and i accepted the job.  i can’t afford to keep quitting jobs so i think i will stick to this one.

 

on the canadians and drinking…

My canadian contingent is dispersing. Heading out for more travelling, moving to jobs, etc. I met more canadians, a crew of girls and gay guys. We all headed out to LSE bar last night. 5pounds cover is pretty normal here. apparently they are still writing exams and not too many people were out that night.  afterwards we bargained with the hot dog guy outside for 2.50 down to 2 pound hot dogs.  i have never seen someone take the tube and bus all day without a pass, it was funny watching fernando do it.  Not too fond of that canadian new group. bigger groups i find are more unfriendly. not that the ugly girls should really be that picky who they talk to.

now they are gone.  Micheal auzzie was back and we partied it up last night.  ended up in burger king having a bitch slap contest.  now i’ve never seen a fight anywhere, and our little contest drew quite the little crowd.

 its fairly weird to be drinking every day, though its the life here.  and they don’t even have AA as far as i know.

despite everyone convinving me its legal to drink in the streets, i ran into some police yesterday with a beer in hand and asked them.  they said its definately not.  that means everyone just does it anyway because the police have better things to do then to charge people for that.  might be why everyone thinks it is.

 

on prices and budgeting

from my own and other peoples spending, if you are planning to go to London, budget 100$ canadian per day. thats what it ends up beeing. i have no idea how, it just does.

museums..

went back to the science museum.  i never catch it all the first time around, there was several sections we missed.  went to the VA museum too, thats where they had the michealangelo statue, that famous one.

on space conversations.. i didn’t think i was off that much, there is dust and particles in space that could cause friction, just very little.  Also there are interstellar clouds, etc.  space is not a perfect vacum.  the more advance research will back this up.       “Actually, there is oxygen in space, however, the majority of it has already been captured gravitationally by stars, planets, or other celestial bodies.  So space is *almost* a perfect vacuum, but gas and dust particles do float around out there.  These particles are referred to as the interstellar medium by astronomers…So needless to say, there isn’t very much oxygen in outer space, but there is some…. For further reading, check out Thomas Arny’s “Explorations: An Introduction to Astronomy” or, for a more in-depth look, “Fundamental Astronomy” by H.Kartunen, P.Kroger, H.Oja, M.Poutanen, and K.J.Donner.”   -I like to know whether i’m on crack or not.
all for now though i had a million thoughts to come…



Tags:

0 responses to “good things come to those who wait…”

  1. Anonymous says:

    I hope your job turned out okay, although I’m sure you could master any job that came along. Any plans on how long you are going to stay?

  2. Anonymous says:

    sounds like your having a great time, hope this job works out for you, wow $100 a day canadian thats crazy, but oh well i guess thats the price of having fun, take care:)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *