BootsnAll Travel Network



Vienna Vienna

Well, we’ve made it to Vienna this morning at 6am… I guess there’s not a lot open at that time but we found a nice little coffee shop called Andreas Blocher (sp??) and had a small breakfast and sat for like 3 hours until our hostel opened. We pretty much just went to sleep when we checked in because it wasn’t easy to get sleep on the train (we were sitting by two drunk girls leaving Oktoberfest who wouldn’t shut up and then the ticket people kept coming in to ask to see our tickets).

Anyway, by the time we woke up, we only had time to go check out a couple museums: Das Kunst Historische Museum and one other giant museum that housed musical instruments used by the likes of Bach, Mozart, Hayden, etc… It also had an exibit on one of the 7 ancient wonders of the world… can’t remember the name right now. That in itself was quite a bit of walking and the buildings that these museums are in are AMAZING. Marble everything and just an unbelievable amount of detail in everthing.
Vienna.JPG
All of the museums seemed to close at 6pm today so we headed back in the general direction of our hostel. To our surprise, some restaurants were closing at 6pm too! WTF… that just didn’t make sense to us. Now we are at the train station where the ticket office ALSO closed at 6… I guess this town closes at 6… So we’re off to do… I dunno…

Well, Peace.



Tags:

One Response to “Vienna Vienna”

  1. Darren Says:

    OMG you took the same train as me from Munich to Vienna! It was so hard for us to find a cafe that was open though so we sat outside for like 3 hours… omg…

  2. Posted from Canada Canada

Leave a Reply