BootsnAll Travel Network



Seriously Tiring…The Great Wall at Mutianyu

Well, we went to the Great Wall of China today… for some reason we decided to take the stairs instead of taking a cable car up to the wall. Man that was a lot of steps. On the plus side, the weather was great today and the view was amazing.

We went with a couple American girls and a Netherlander from the Hostel so the company was good. I must say though… John and I felt totally out of shape. I don’t know how we were able to summit Kilimanjaro at all! We walked to one end of where the tourists to go and about halfway to the other end…. the huge wall of stairs kind of scared us away from walking all the way to the other end. Either way, it was an wonderful view and well worth seeing… I would recommend taking the cable car up though… save some energy for walking the wall.

The way down was SUPER fun… they built like a little tobaggan slide thing that you could take down… it’s basically a metal chute and you get to sit on a little sled thing and swirve your way down the mountain. Kind of a strange thing to find at the Great Wall of China… but whatever, we’re tourists and we had a ton of fun.

That was pretty much our whole day… just driving out to see the wall and then coming back. Now we are at the hostel… pretty pooped and just hanging out with the people we met. Wish I could post some pics but there’s no SD reader thing here… Ummm, that’s all for now.



Tags:

Leave a Reply