BootsnAll Travel Network



On Safari Day 6

Day 6… geez, it doesn’t even feel like that long. Today we went to Ngorogoro Crater. Oh my oh my… today was exciting.

We left for the crater at 6am… the drive was incredible… I will be putting up a post about driving around Africa later. As we entered the park, we had a view from the top of the crater… I can’t really describe the view other than saying it was spectacular! There were a couple small clear lakes visible from the top… and just amazing greenery… but who am I kidding, we were here to see the animals!

Actually before we went to see the animals, we went to a Maasai village… well, it wasn’t really a authentic Maasai village but the houses in it and the people in it were really Maasai.. they just rotate which families get to live in this village to show the tourists what Maasai life is like. We got to see them dance and everything… it was awesome. However, we did get conned into buying a little something… oh well.

Anyway, the ride around the park was…. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! That’s how I remember it… it was super intense… it had been raining so everything was really slippery and some of the roads had turned into small lakes. Either way, our driver… somewhat crazy… drove us through this park… at one point, he got OUT of the vehicle to walk through a lake sized puddle to make sure it wasn’t too deep… it was only up to his knees so it was ok… he drove through it while we sat in the back screaming with the other 2 american girls. I think the driver thought we were having a blast so he drove a little like a maniac! There were a few times when I thought we were going to get stuck and then eaten by lions over night or something….

Speaking of lions… we did see lions! We actually got reallllly close to them… like a meter away. It was incredible! They are magnificent animals. We took like a million pictures of them. I would bring you through a play by play of the safari but I think it’s really boring from a reading point of view so I’ll just tell you what else we saw… We saw:
Spotted Hyenas, Baboons, Warthogs, Water Buffalo, Jackals, Ostriches, Many different birds, Hippos, An Elephant, Wildabeasts, gazelles, Rhinos, and… I dunno… we saw a lot! We had a picnic in the park halfway too… and John got dive bombed by an eagle… haha. Damnit, these posts sound so dry to me… I wish I could just bring you all here to join me. Siiigh…

God, there’s so much I want to write and show! Thanks for keeping in touch, everyone… and I hope these posts weren’t too dry.



Tags:

3 Responses to “On Safari Day 6”

  1. Ed Says:

    the posts aren’t dry! it makes me want to change my original destination of asia to africa…honestly to see what u saw, wow…it’s got me thinking!

  2. Posted from Canada Canada
  3. Ed Says:

    man i had a dream that I was on a safari…

  4. Posted from Canada Canada
  5. Decelia Says:

    Please continue your posts because they are not dry. I really look forward to reading your posts!

    Wow – Africa sounds spectacular. I am so amazed at how many animals and the village cultures that you’ve been able to see.

  6. Posted from Canada Canada

Leave a Reply